Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Assignment #9

Points Possible: 50
Dr James Choung
As we continue to survey various approaches to evangelism I want to introduce you to James Choung. James is a delightful man who heads up the Asian-American division of InterVarsity Christian Fellowship, an important college campus ministry in the US. He also teaches evangelism and leadership development at Bethel Seminary in San Diego. In addition he leads a house church.

Dr Choung developed an evangelistic tool and approach that is story-centered. That is, it's not so much about sharing facts about God as it is telling the story of God. And this is why I want to highlight what he has done. We live in a world where communicating through story has become more and more important. Stories have always been important tools of communication in Asia and the Western Islands. But now, even in the more Westernized world, people are making life-transforming decisions through the stories they see and hear. Even television commercials are focusing more on engaging people through quick stories.

So, James has framed the gospel in a way that it highlights the story aspects of it. And he wrote a book called True Story: a Christianity Worth Believing In to share his "big story" approach. For this assignment you will need to:
  1. Visit JamesChoung.net and watch the first four short video presentations about the Big Story.
  2. Quickly read through True Story: a Christianity Worth Believing In
  3. Learn and practice sharing with someone this simple approach of explaining the gospel
  4. Share your impressions of your experience and this approach in the comments section below. I will be assigning 10 points each time you leave a well developed comment in response to the article or someone else's comments about the article. You can earn up to 50 points for this assignment. 

44 comments:

  1. The diagram was a helpful Visual that put things into perspective and it was helpful for me to see where the messiness of my life meets the sacrifice Jesus made in the midst of the bigger story of redemption of the world. I think it was a good presentation of the Gospel and could be transferred into many different cultures if modified a little. It was concrete and showed a person's need or better yet the world's need for Jesus. It was a little fast and a little hard to follow though. But overall I liked it and it covered two very important aspects of Hope and Forgiveness and this is what people are most concernd with. - Daisy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with Daisy. I think Choung really contextualized to the postmodern using this diagram. The language that was used was unoffensive but was also biblical and he asked some good questions. He offered solutions to worldview issues (if someone did or did not believe in the problems of the world). I must say that I normally don't like diagrams for sharing the gospel because it can seem systematic as opposed to transformative and authentic, but I think he did a good job of making it authentic based on his presentation - his voice, the language he used and the questions he asked. -Sarah

      Delete
    2. Yes, I agree with you girls too about Choung contextualizing this for our modern society today. First of all, people seem to respond best to story telling instead of systematic diagrams like Sarah said. It allows them to see how they fit in the story. Also, I like how this story immediately gives them something to identify with, a morally corrupt and distorted world. It was true that when he says, people will normally agree that there is something wrong with it, which could point to the question of Was it better before? That leads right into the next part of the story of creation. I look forward to trying this out and reporting back. -Mike

      Delete
  2. After reading the article I really liked the diagram more because of the points that Choung makes:
    1. The Kingdom of God is highlighted in this method and in other diagrams it is often left out for the focus is only on Heaven or teh life to come.
    2. It relevant to today's generation of college students because they are more interested in the big picture and the environment. which this model puts an individual and their responsibility into the bigger picture and points out their role in loving God and loving others.
    3. "Most presentations point out a persons sins first and the problem is that we haven’t created any common experience or authority so that our message will have any weight." I really liked this statement because it is so true and with the diagram it shows the messiness of the world and we all can agree the world needs help.
    4. I like that it gives hope of our own forgiveness of sin but also purpose for a life in Christ other than Heaven in which none of us can fully explain or even imagine.
    -Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tonight I tried out Choung's diagram with one of our Freshmen students and she really liked it. The things she liked were that it gave her a bigger picture than just her sin adn going to heaven. She liked the idea of Hope and Forgiveness and the way it shows the Worlds need for redemption. She immediately wnated to jump ahead on circle two to circle four like the article explained so I thought that was funny. - Daisy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think hope is a really big theme in our world today that needs to be addressed and Jesus offers it. Choung brings this out multiple times as a way instead of offering "eternal life" only; he also reminds us (as believers) and introduces to nonbelievers the idea that eternal life starts right now and that it comes with a certain hope. This is an extremely biblical and attractive message. I liked that he focused on hope in this lifetime, in our world because it made it more approachable and it fits a huge need that many people have right now. -Sarah

      Delete
  4. Daisy and Sarah -- all your comments are quite perceptive. I'm with you. Yes, eternal life and the hope of heaven is a part of the gospel (Or beyond that the hope of a new heaven and a new earth where the kingdom of God is present in its fullness). But for most people those ideas do not capture their imaginations upfront. They are "too far out there." People -- at least Westerners living in the context of the postmodern myth -- are looking for genuine uncontrived ungimmicky hope that speaks to the here and now. I try to include the eternal aspect when telling the story but I don't make it a main point. I'm more likely to say something like "...and this transforming life from Christ is so powerful that it goes on even after we die. Even death can't shut it down."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that is something that is seen in a much more round way in his article that he is not trying to invent a new concept but that he is trying to overcome the idea that Christians are "intolerant, overpolitical, and homophobic" (pg. 32) and so that is where this fits in. This makes a lot more sense to the idea of "hope" and social justice because it is not just about relating the gospel to a postmodern person, but it is about also breaking down pre-concieved (and often truthful and perceptive) ideas about Christians. -Sarah

      Delete
    2. I've experienced a similar situation when speaking about eternal life and heaven to an atheist I work with. The concept is just too far out there for him. He is a data guy and likes to see experiments, numbers, and observations. I like your method that even Jesus used and that was a sort of dropping of a lure in the water and jiggling it a bit. Jesus hardly ever came right out and talked about distant heavenly truths that would be hard to grasp, but he would throw a teaser out there. Like drink from this water and you will never thirst again. Or drink from the water I give and it will become a spring of water welling up into eternal life. Its enough for you to say, wow that sounds good, explain more. Instead of Jesus saying, If you follow me, you will live forever in paradise. Thats too gimicky for Jesus. -Mike

      Delete
  5. I agree with you Brad so many times when faced with my own sin I have a real hard time focusing on what is to come. The thing that keeps me from sin most of all is people and the lives I am invested in. So for me the idea of making the world a better place seems to be the best hope because it involves people that are real and now. -Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sent this video to my dad, because he is all about evangelism and there isn't anyone else that I personally know who has more of a passion and gift for evangelism and is more effective at it than him. He disciples about 10 young men in their mid-twenties who are all involved in their own youth group or college ministries, so I thought this would be very helpful for him and them because I think it's great and authentic. When I was on Youtube I read one of the comments at the bottom and someone was talking about how this method was lacking the concept of the penial-substitutionary atonement and that it focused too much on social-justice and the idea of helping people and helping the world.

    When I read that it kind of bothered me. I went back and re-read through some of Mark and saw that the words that Jesus often uses are: love, help, hungry, poor, sick" and they were in the context of social justice - so to say that social justice is not part of the gospel is almost like ignoring much of Jesus' 3 year ministry. I also think that it is extremely narrow to say the only clear way to share the gospel is to use the idea of the penal-substituionary atonement because what if there is a culture that doesn't have an idea of a justice system? What if the felt need in that culture is compassion? Is needing a friend? There are so many different atonement theories: moral, victory, penal, sacrifice, appeasement, and each of these might be valid, appealing and convicting for different people in different cultures and generations. So I think this is a good model for the culture that James Choung is working with; young adults and college age. This model is much more connective to that demographic than the bridge illustration from years ago.
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you about connecting to demographic Sarah. That guy might have been right about the penal sustitutionary atonement thing but only in his own context. Its kind of like the book we read that highlighted Patrick's life and how he used all of the symbols of nature and objects of the environment that the Celtic people connected with and used them to explain the character of God. People need to get to know God and how we fit in to his plan. Everyone is trying to make sense of this world and it needs to be done in a simple way that they can relate to. Jesus did that all the time, he spoke into a situation that was perfect for the culture, the time, and the place. People couldn't help but be captivated by His words because it was like He could read right into thier hearts. Of course we knew Jesus could read minds or hearts, or at least perceive of them, and since we have the Spirit He sent to us, I believe we can get intuition into the hearts of men too. We just need to set aside the time to meditate on our audience. Observe them like our professor had us do at the mall. I also was not a big fan of systematic diagrams and gospel presentations. It weirds people out. Then your like...so...what do you choose?.....Eternal separation? or Eternal life? AHHAAAAAAHAHAHAHA, (the laughing part usually sends them running.) -Mike

      Delete
  7. I've been thinking about all of your great comments these past few days and have come up with a few more angles on this topic.

    1. In my experience people need to be fed spiritual bread in a manner similar to which they connected with Jesus. So, for example, if they began to trust in Jesus after reading Steps to Peace with God they are going to need to be discipled in a well defined step-by-step process. But if they begin to trust in Jesus after engaging with his story -- what does that suggest about the way we disciple them?

    2. We tend to contextualize in broad strokes -- culturally -- modern, postmodern, etc. But people are wired individually, too. Over the past 30 years there has been a lot of work done on personality types -- e.g. using tools such as MBTI, Enggeagram, DISC. I'd like to do some more study on how personality type affects approaches and responsiveness to various styles of evangelism -- and discipleship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Brad, this has been the hardest part for me, to keep the fire burning in a soul that has become responsive to the gospel. Having a family of 6 and all of my children being young, its hard to spend personal time with those I'm discipling. But I also need a system regardless. I should know how their progress is doing at any time. I also have a huge cultural barrier to deal with, they are all Chuukese. Well, one thing I know, I'm going to share this diagram with my entire bible study group and maybe preach on it at a youth service and also teach it at our youth overnight lock-in.
      I did try the diagram for practice on my wife. I found out she's not saved!! Just kidding... She liked the fact that some real practical issues are discussed ant that its a problem that most people can relate to right now with all this "green" awareness out there. Its an exciting time, I hope the world really listens this time. -Mike

      Delete
    2. On November 15th, I tried to teach a big story to my Chuukese students, aged five to eleven. First I drew all four pictures on a big white paper and put it on a white board. I asked them what those pictures meant to them. Many of them said that they were green and red circles. Then I started to explain the first circle, which was the creation, where God created the best conditions for humans. They were not really paying attention while I was explaining the second condition. But when I asked them questions about what are the bad things that happen in the world and our families, then they told me all the bad conditions which sin brought into the world. When I drew a cross on the third picture, many of them were able to tell me about Jesus, who died on the cross for His people. They knew about Jesus. I was so glad! The last picture was not a very new idea for them. They did not talk about it much. From today’s experience I learned that I need to practice my speaking speed in order to get the attention of the audience. But it was so good to share this important message with the students! I think it is one of the good methods of sharing Christian teachings with others.
      Lydia

      Delete
  8. I particularly like the Christianese that is meant to be left out of explanations when talking to someone agressively against God or very liberal. I want to go back through the book and pick out those discriptions that Caleb used to describe certain injustices to Anna. I know that the story is fictional, at least I think it was, need to go back and check, but you can't help but feel the emotion and how he was breaking through her wall piece by piece. When he finally got to the forgiveness part, that's when Caleb got to see the root of her bitterness and hurt. It was there that she needed healing, and when the healing was offered, transformation began. Meeting people where they need it on the inside is the hardest place to find. It takes careful inquisition, a trusting relationship, and enduring patience. This is what so much of us are lacking in our decision based gospel. We don't really know whats going on inside our disciples and this is where it counts the most. Jesus was so good at drawing out the heart's intention out of people and showing them how much they needed God. The story of Jesus showing Peter that he had the power to do things that man could not do when He caught the multitudes of fish during the day. Then encouraging Peter that He would make him a fisher of men. Those stories when Jesus responded to the thoughts in a person's heart that He had perceived or read, those are some of the most powerful and emotional scenes. I can see this method bringing a lot of people into God's Kingdom. -Mike

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this approach to presenting the gospel. It bypasses the idea that Christianity is all about getting a "get out of jail free card". It gets us thinking that we are all to be disciples, not just a select few who get beyond the pew-sitter stage.
    I practiced this approach with two people. One is a fellow missionary at KTWR. He liked it could see that it would be good for witnessing to those who did not grow up with much knowledge of the Church or God. The other person is my daughter, a non-believer or at least one who has strayed away from the faith. She thought that this approach was too simplistic. It did not change her opinion about Christianity and did not see how anyone else would be swayed by it. Since she grew up in churches and has been on mission trips herself, she is far from ignorant of God. Maybe God will use a different approach on her, but this one did not grab her heart. Mike Sabin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll continue to pray for your daughter -- that her heart would be softened and her mind opened.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the prayers. Eli and I just found out that our daughter had broken up with her boyfriend. He was a "nice pagan". Maybe the Lord will use this to open her heart to Himself. I suppose it is possible that she will remember what I showed her in the story presentation. We'll keep praying.
      I am about to take a trip to Tokyo tomorrow. I will be on the lookout for opportunities to try the big story approach with fellow travelers or maybe even in some meetings in which I am already doing TWR ministry presentations. The first meeting is with a radio program producer. It would be interesting to see how they could use their program to present the big story to the Japanese listeners. I think it can be done since the circles seem to be more helpful as memory aids to the presenter than they are to the receiver. Mike Sabin

      Delete
    3. Still praying!

      Re: "I think it can be done since the circles seem to be more helpful as memory aids to the presenter than they are to the receiver." Interesting observation. Adapt it! We're not trying to get anyone to embrace a particular program or approach. Rather we want to create an army of people who know how to adapt and contextualize. You're right on task.

      Delete
    4. Thanks for the prayers. Since sy wife did get to talk at length with our daughter, maybe a door is opening. Conversations tended to be a bit one-sided before. It seemed that we were using a crowbar to get words our of our daughter's mouth in years past.

      I did not get much response from the Japanese ministry we work with. I think they are still trying to figure out how to adapt it to the local culture. I was looking for openings in Tokyo, but time always seemed to be a problem. It was difficult to get deep in conversation with non-believers there. Even the believers we met tended to want to stick with their own set way of doing evangelism.

      I did notice that the US election results have really started conversations in Japan about the current condition of the world. I think that the big story plays well with that sort of conversation. I just was not able to get in on those conversations since they were in Japanese. I have another short shot at Japan next month on my way to Sri Lanka. It will be interesting to see how the big story works in Sri Lanka. MM

      Delete
    5. Oops, I can't believe a made a typo on my initials. MS

      Delete
  10. Wow it is awesome, it is beautiful and it is easy to understand his voice and his diagrams. The very first video, I watched about 6 to 7 times. Yes, it is true that the world is falling apart because of the evil things people are doing.I also agree with him when he said that we can not fix the world by our hate, angry and so on. The only thing we can used to fix all the messes in this world is love.I also agree with him when he said that the is not our own, it is love of Jesus Christ. Arisao

    ReplyDelete
  11. Choung's diagram is very helpful, especially to those who are good in listening and see things at the same time of explaining. As I said, above his voice is very clear. He also asked some very good questions that are very applicable to our lives today. The answers he gave are very biblical and good to hear. There is no offensive words he used. Arisao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arisao -- how might we apply your good observations to ourselves? How might we become clearer communicators in our own places? How might we learn to ask good questions?

      Delete
    2. Big Story #2
      The big story was a new way to share the gospel, which I had never heard of. The big story has many good ideas of how to approach people. I personally like the pictures, it helps people understand quickly and remember for a long time. It might be easier for people to understand than using scripture. It took three times to understand the whole explanation. It is an outstanding idea of how to approach non-believers as well as believers. It is also a good method with children. When I go to Chuuk next year I am going to try this method and add some things in the last picture which is the disciplined Christian life.
      Lydia

      Delete
    3. Big Story #3
      November 27, 5 p.m. I met a church member who is seventy one years old and has been a Christian his whole life. First, I drew pictures without a cross for the third and fourth pictures and asked him how it looked to him. He said it looked like a plate with some things on it. I smiled at him and explained the whole thing but my explanation was not the same as the video I found later. He understood the idea and liked it. He said he had never heard of this method. I asked him to draw the four pictures and explain them to me. Then he drew the picture and explained it very well. I then asked him if he will use this method with some people around him and he said he will. He said this is a good way to bring the gospel to nonbelievers.
      Lydia

      Delete
    4. Big Story #4
      November 27, 6 p.m. I went to see next door neighbor who is 56 years old. She is a Korean lady who attends a Catholic Church. She said she does not know God but since her husband is a good believer she just follows him. I asked for her help to do one of my assignments and she happily agreed to answer my questions. I explained the Big story and she listened carefully. She said that she agrees with the first three pictures but she said she is not in the condition of the fourth picture yet. I asked her why and she said she is not a strong Christian. The fourth picture shows the work of priests in her mind. I think she was very honest about her faith. Maybe the word ‘healing’ put pressure on her. I believe a lot of former Korean church members might think the same way.
      Lydai

      Delete
    5. Big Story #5
      In a Korean video clip the Big Story showed Napkin evangelism. As everyone knows, Korea is having a very hard time right now because of the corruption with President Park, Gun Hae and her old friends. The word ‘healing’ is a hot issue now in Korea. All the food of physical programs put the word ‘healing’ on their packaging. So I think this is a really great time to use this method with Koreans. Because they are facing all kinds of emotional and physical problems. People need the true healing of Jesus Christ. So I will let more people hear the Big story.
      Lydia

      Delete
    6. Lydia, in post #4, I was reminded that many people think that "circle 4" is for professionals to do. They do not think of the Great Commission applying to all believers personally. It's sad that many churches seem to encourage reserving evangelism and discipleship to the priestly class. Some people who think that they should be doing evangelism are gripped by fear because they forget that Jesus promised to be with us always.

      In post #5, you have hit on doing something that the Church has been accused of not being able to do. That is reaching people where they are. Another way of putting it is "scratching where they itch".

      Delete
  12. I suppose that some thought needs to be applied to knowing which questions need to be asked. The Church has been perceived as having answers to questions that no one is asking. That can turn off our audience when we use this technique. When the presentation was given in the story, the story and the questions were geared to fit the way the listener thought. If you make this presentation to an oil tycoon, he may look at you cross-eyed when you bring up the fallen state of the environment. That is not a hot button for him the way it was in the presentation in the book. We really need to understand audience to effectively taylor this technique to reach the heart. Obviously, we cannot know much about some people we meet for the first time, yet we may wind up giving this presentation. We need to follow the Spirit's leading to discern how to adapt this for maximum impact. MS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've nailed it Mike. When you share the story of Jesus it needs to be contextualized. That's why I ask students to do people observations at the mall -- to practice observing and listening -- figuring out that you can't share the gospel with everyone in exactly the same way.

      I see three essential components: (1) genuine love for the people with whom we are sharing, (2) the kind of wisdom that comes from the Lord (James 1:5), and (3) some good stories and questions that with the wisdom from the Lord we can adapt to the situation. The danger, of course, is that we might sense that we have to little information to act -- to present even part of the gospel story. That danger can be overcome by awareness of the situation and as you said, the Spirit's leading. Above all, though, we really need to love people.

      Delete
    2. I agree, with both of you, that whenever we share the gospel it needs to be contextualised. So, that we can grab their attention and get their interest. And in order for them to understand our message, we have to share with them with genuine love. And of course always depended on the leading of the Holy Spirit. And I believed James approach is catholic. I will buy this approach, because I see it as a great and simple approach to share the gospel to any ages and any nationality. I have been using the four spiritual laws and the Romans road but it kind of hard to connect and to long to share to the busy world. I like these two approaches but this one it just looks attractive to me now days.
      Even though we don’t know the person, if he is a Christian or Non-Christian, James approach is just fit to any different groups of people around the world.

      Delete
  13. I'll work on remembering all of those components. #1 is sometimes easier to have than it is to show. I suppose that is why relationships are so important. We earn the right to be heard by actually relating to those we seek to evangelize. No one wants to be a "hit-and-run" proselyte. It would seem that establishing a relationship with people while waiting for flights in airports would be tough. However, this has not been as difficult as it sounds. Having something in common like wondering when the ticket counter will open has started a couple of conversations that could have led to something more had I been thinking clearly. I often wind up talking with other travelers about what they do for employment or what they plan to do on vacation. This helps me learn much about their world view. It does not take much to start a relationship that may lead to presenting the big story. This might even work for when we are standing in long shopping lines.

    #2 and #3 tend to show up while I am working to prove that #1 applies to our relationship. Something the other person says can trigger a "light bulb" from God in my head. Mike S.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dr. Choung approach of sharing the Bible story is interesting and it keep the listeners to focus. I usually started the story with Creation story and then Fall, then Redemption and Mission. But when I listened to Dr. Choung simple way of presenting the Gospel I believed it will help many people today. When I watched the video and listened his presentation I did pay attention and to be unless I was interested to listened to him until he finished talking. So, for me it is a great approach to share the gospel to anybody, because it keep closeness to the person who is listening and also make him or her to pay a full attention.


    When I came to my oldest son Hesed and told him that I want to practice the approach I learned from Dr. Choung my 11 years son, and 8 years came and watched. After my sharing to them, my youngest son already asked me to take the paper I used so he can use it to share with his friend. I told him, you have to use a plain one. He said, “oky, but teach me”. Hesed respond, “That’s great approach daddy, but I see my life in the third circle. I believed Jesus but I don’t know Him personally, that’s why I don’t have the heart for the lost world. The churches believed in Jesus but they don’t want to live the way he lives, that’s why they don’t go out and help the lost world for Jesus”.
    I said, you right, but what you think we will do?
    He said, “Believe and live the way he lives”


    Through my sharing to me three boys, I see that, this approach is very effective and easy to understand the gospel message.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I finally got to try the big story on my 27 year old son. He thought that this would work better for high schoolers than it would for older folks. I suspect his comment is based on his assumption that everyone has a basic understanding of Jesus. He group up as a believer in a Christian home and went to a Christian school. There are so many people in their twenties now in America who have no clue who Jesus is. The big story would not be too simple for them. In Japan, nearly everyone is in need of a very basic approach like this. Mike S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The big story is easy to communicate to any groups and any ages. The reason I say this because when I used to my three sons, my eight years old understood what I tried to communicated to them. I think, Mike your son is right, when he said, “this would work better on high schoolers” because when I tried on my daughter and my niece who were high school student. When I shared to them the big story, they really payed attention and willing to shared to me which pictures their lives looks like. They did have different picture, my daughter picked the “restore for better”, and my niece picked the “damaged by evil”. And when I asked them which of the pictures they want to be the picture of their lives? Both of them they picked the “sent together to heal”. I told them, this life here is possible for you to possess, because Jesus make it possible for you. My daughter understand it, but my niece still looks at me and want more explanation. Pray for me so that the Holy Spirit will guide me so that I may able to help my niece.

      The big story is easy to communicate to any groups and any ages. The reason I say this because when I used to my three sons, my eight years old understood what I tried to communicated to them. I think, Mike your son is right, when he said, “this would work better on high schoolers” because when I tried on my daughter and my niece who were high school student. When I shared to them the big story, they really payed attention and willing to shared to me which pictures their lives looks like. They did have different picture, my daughter picked the “restore for better”, and my niece picked the “damaged by evil”. And when I asked them which of the pictures they want to be the picture of their lives? Both of them they picked the “sent together to heal”. I told them, this life here is possible for you to possess, because Jesus make it possible for you. My daughter understand it, but my niece still looks at me and want more explanation. Pray for me so that the Holy Spirit will guide me so that I may able to help my niece.



      Delete
    2. Sorry, I just don't know why its came out double when I copy and base. Orichy

      Delete
    3. Orichy, it looks like this has been a great opportunity to see the Lord work in these children. That is great that your niece wants to learn more. My son definitely wants to be used by God in the fourth circle. He does think that he will eventually be a missionary. He wants to have a family first. Hopefully, his desire to live life in the fourth circle does not fade with time or get derailed by the cares of the world. Mike S.

      Delete
    4. Mike, it great that your son desires the greatest task. This big story is a great challenge to this new generation. The reason I say this, because when I shared to the youth in our church, I see that they were interested to listen and most of them want to be part of the fourth circle. I see that this new generation wanted to do mission for the Lord, but they just need somebody to lead them in to it. Mike, your son have a good vision. First place to do mission is family and then go out in to the other parts, as Luke mentioned the steps in Acts 1:8. Orich O.

      Delete
  16. Last Friday, I shared the four circles with my nephews and nieces. They were five of them. Three girls and two boys. They were very interested to learn more about what we were talking about. One of them said that it's very easy to learn and get the point of what we are talking about than just listening. All of them were really liked. Arisao

    ReplyDelete
  17. Today after church I shared about this four circles to my family. My 10 and 12 years old son really liked. When stopped explained they're asking me to repeated. They love to listen and saw the things that we were talking about. My seventeen years old said it was boring. I asked him he said that, he said because what the used of drawing things that we already talked about it. Arisao

    ReplyDelete
  18. For me the last time I watched the videos or the short clips I was thinking to changed the language into chuukese. I think that the chuukese will love to listen in their native tongue plus the sewing of the four circles. Because of the language barrier the chuukese will be more interested to listen and see the four circles. Arisao

    ReplyDelete